Powered by Blogger.
RSS

ιηтєятяσριcαℓ cσηνєяgєηcє zσηє (ιтcz)

Movement of ITCZ

         Intertropical Convergence zone:


            Intertropical Convergence Zone, what are these really? 

          Today I learned that Inter Tropical Convergence Zone, or ITCZ,  is the area encircling the Earth near the equator where winds originating in the northern and southern hemisphere come together.  It was originally identified from the 1920s to the 1940s as the "Intertropical Front" (ITF) ,and known by sailors as the "Doldrums". And it appears as a band of clouds, usually thunderstorms that encircle the globe near the equator.

          I will apply my learnings about ITCZ to my daily activities in life,in preparing  for any possible weather problems, to my lessons that is somehow related to ITCZ and to the climate and weather of the Philippines.

          Learning about this phenomena is very important because it help us understand the changes of temperature, weather, climate that is happening around us.

         On a larger scale, I will share my learnings about ITCZ to others because they might not understand this phenomena clearly and for them to be aware of it.

          I need to know more about the practices that I can do when I encounter this phenomena and the things that would make life easy in the times that ITCZ will occur.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment